Saturday, December 31, 2011

Paisley, Polka Dots and Stripes, Oh My!





My baby girl turned one a few weeks back. I dreamed about this cake ever since she was born. I would sit rocking her in her room, admiring her nursery and thinking about how I wanted to design her cake around the fabrics we used.



While the colors were a little off (I wanted much softer colors) I love this cake! I added in a little red to reflect the fast approaching Christmas holiday. It was a labor of love for my sweet girl!


This was my first 3 tiered cake. The top tier came off and was Maryclaire's smash cake. The stripes on the bottom tier were so much harder than I thought they were going to be! I think I'll be ok if I never try stripes on a cake again! Ha!

Happy First Birthday, Maryclaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment