Sunday, November 13, 2011

About Me





Hi, I'm Jill, aka The Happy Caker.

First off, I am married to an amazing guy and mom to two pint sized kids. Taking care of this crew is my number one job! I carry some wacky hours because baking definitely comes second to my family.


I became inspired by cakes after watching many hours (ok, I'll admit it, maybe hundreds?) of Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. My first cake I ever attempted was a train cake for my son when he turned 2. Wanna see? It's not pretty. In fact, when I look at it now, I'm a little embarrassed because I though it was awesome.
Well, you gotta start somewhere, right?



No worries, little man loved it and that's what counts now.

I knew with lots of practice I could get better, so I started asking my family to let me make special occasion cakes. Thankfully, I have several nieces and nephews with willing parents! Again, I cringe a little looking back! Ha!

So, here we are, 2.5 years later and many more cakes (and cookies and cupcakes) under my belt. I am thankful I've found my passion and for every opportunity I am given to create some sort of sugary confection.

This part of my life truly is the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment